A complete guideline to Fireworks, permit requirements, and conditions of their use is found on the General Information page.
Parkland Beach facilities are open to the public. Residents and visitors are reminded of the following:
- Maintain physical distance at the beach and in other public areas. Spread out in family/cohort groups.
- It is still mandatory that any person experiencing symptoms of illness remain at home.
- Anyone with a history of international travel in the last 14 days, or with close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, must remain at home.
- Sanitizing is not carried out on picnic tables, playground, or exercise equipment. Please use your own hand sanitizer before and after use.
- Your cooperation is appreciated in keeping public areas clean by using the waste & recycle bins.
COVID-19 public health orders are enforceable by law.
Albertans and Alberta businesses must follow the orders issued by Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, under the Public Health Act.
To report breaches of CMOH/MOH isolation or self-isolation requirements OR if you see unacceptable crowding or behaviour, please report it to Alberta Health Services at 1-833-415-9179 or to Rimbey RCMP at 403-843-2223.
DO NOT CALL 9-1-1
UPDATE: Click on the Alberta Biz Connect link for the latest guidelines on relaunch strategy.
Please consult the Alberta Health Services website for up-to-date information regarding the pandemic; OR
A Community Posting Board, sponsored by Friends of the Lake Front (FOLF) is located on the south wall of the washrooms by the swim beach in the Summer Village of Parkland Beach (SVPB)
Friends of the Lakefront (FOLF) is a community group formed to protect and enhance the community, beach and lakefront area. Some of our initiatives have been the playground, north and south bathrooms, outdoor adult gym equipment, tree plantings, wildflower reserve, pathways and this bulletin board. This summer we will install signs explaining the birds and plants found along our shore as well as new garbage/recycling containers.
Funds for projects like these were obtained through donations and grants from the county of Ponoka and CFEP (Government of Alberta).
To create revenue for required dollar matching on grant applications, advertising space is available on this board at the following rates:
- Business Cards – $10 per month or $50 for the calendar year
- 5×7 Display – $25 per month or $125 for the calendar year
If you know of a local business that may benefit from advertising with us while helping raise funds to further enhance our community, please have them contact us.
Community announcements and personal advertising are available to residents for free as a service to the community.
To promote your business, display an ad or event, please contact
- Kathy Whiteside, CAO of SVPB by visiting the village office or calling 403-843-2055. Outside business hours, deposit your card or ad along with payment into the office mailbox and it will be processed within the week.
- Tanya Galey. FOLF member at 403-919-8685 (cell) or 403-236-8685
Would you like to get involved?
- Refer a local business to us, they can benefit from advertising while helping raise funds to further enhance our community.
- Use the new beverage recycling containers you’ll find throughout the community, as the proceeds support FOLF.
- Volunteer to help with future projects and we welcome you to become an active member.
Thank you, we hope you are enjoying the community!