MUNICIPAL ELECTION 2021
This Candidate Information Package includes (Hard Copies available at Village office – please call in advance):
Nomination day is Saturday, July 10, 2021 –notice of nomination
Nomination papers must be delivered to the Summer Village Office between the hours of 10 am and 12 Noon.
- Form 4 – Nomination Form and Candidate Acceptance
- A Candidate’s Guide: Running for Municipal Office in Alberta – Municipal Affairs
- Council Procedural Bylaw
- Council Code of Conduct Bylaw 2018-03
The following items pertain specifically to Parkland Beach:
- Council Regular Meetings are currently held once a month, on the 3rd Monday at 6:30 pm. If any regular meeting falls on a holiday, the meeting is normally moved to the 2nd or 4th Monday. Planning workshops or other special meetings are also scheduled as needed. Meeting date may change, depending on the availability of Council members.
- Other Meetings: Councillors represent the Village on several other boards and committees. (See attached list) Membership on these boards may include regular meetings as noted, and occasional participation in special events, workshops, or projects.
- Remuneration: The current honorarium for Councillors is $6,000 per year served. Mileage, meals, and accommodation for other board meetings or events approved by Council will be paid according to policy.
OTHER KEY DATES: **Location for all election related activity: Village Office at #9 Parkland Beach Road.
- Advanced Vote – Saturday July 24th, between 10am and 2pm.
- Election Day will be August 7th, 2021 between 10am – 8pm.
- Special Ballots by request in writing, telephone, in person or by mail.
If a candidate is unable to deliver their form at that time, they may have the sworn affidavit completed prior to Nomination Day and then send the form to the office with another person.
If you have any questions please contact Cyril Fortney, CAO / Deputy Returning Officer, at the Summer Village Office (403-843-2055)