Land Use Bylaw

The purpose of this bylaw is to regulate and control the use and development of land and buildings within the Summer Village of Parkland Beach to achieve the orderly and economic development of land.

Summer Village Land Use Bylaw 2207-01


Development Permit Application

All development undertaken in the municipality requires an approved Development Permit. Before you begin, please contact the Summer Village admin to make sure you have all the proper applications. Please also speak with admin regarding instances of Development Not Requiring a Development Permit.

Please fill out the Development Permit Application and supporting documents and submit them at least 60 days prior to your proposed project.


Appointment of Agent

This form must accompany all applications where the applicant is not the registered landowner.

Appointment of Agent


Appeal of Development Permits

An appeal may be made to the Secretary of the Subdivision and the Development Appeal Board by any person affected by an order, decision or development permit of the Development Authority. An appeal shall be made by serving a written notice of appeal to the Secretary of the Board within 14 days after the date of order, decision or development permit was issued.

Note, that pursuant to section 685(3) of the Municipal Government Act, no appeal is allowed against a development permit for a permitted use unless the bylaw was relaxed, varied, or misinterpreted.


Inspection Services

All inspections carried out in the Village must be done by IJD Inspections Ltd. Building, electrical, gas, plumbing, and private sewage disposal system projects all require inspections.

Once you have an approved Development Permit from the Summer Village, contact IJD Inspections to obtain the required permits for your project. Applications and additional information can be obtained by going online.

IJD Permit Requirements


Septic System Bylaw

All private sewage installations within the Summer Village of Parkland Beach must be undertaken by a certified contractor. Review these links for additional information and requirements.